Chronology of MGI Database Releases
- MGI is the international database resource for the laboratory mouse, providing integrated genetic, genomic, and biological data to facilitate the study of human health and disease.
The projects contributing to this resource are:
- Mouse Genome Database (MGD) Project
- MGD includes data on gene characterization, nomenclature, mapping, gene
homologies among vertebrates, sequence links, phenotypes, allelic variants and
mutants, and strain data. See About MGD.
- Gene Expression Database (GXD) Project
- GXD integrates different types of gene expression information from the mouse and provides a searchable index of published experiments on endogenous gene expression during development.
See Gene Expression Database (GXD) and About the Gene Expression Database (GXD).
- Mouse Models of Human Cancer database (MMHCdb) Project
- MMHCdb integrates data on the frequency, incidence, genetics, and pathology
of neoplastic disorders, emphasizing data on tumors that develop
characteristically in different genetically defined strains of mice.
See Mouse Models of Human Cancer database and Mouse Models of Human Cancer database User Help Reference.
- Gene Ontology (GO) Project at MGI
- The Mouse Genome Informatics group is a founding member of the Gene Ontology Consortium
(www.geneontology.org). MGI fully incorporates the GO in the database and provides a
GO browser. See Functional Annotation using the Gene Ontology (GO) and The Gene Ontology (GO) Project.
- Cre Resources (CrePortal) Project
- The CrePortal Project collects and annotates and integrates expression and activity data for recombinase-containing transgenes and knock-in alleles. See the Recombinase Portal.
- MouseMine Project
- MouseMine is a powerful new system for accessing MGI data, using the InterMine framework. As a member of the InterMOD consortium, the MouseMine project also represents a new mechanism for cooperation between MGI and other MODs. See MouseMine, About the MouseMine data warehouse resource, and InterMine.
- Alliance of Genome Resources
- The Alliance's goal is to provide a consistent user interface with an integrated view of data from 6 Model Organism Databases and the GO Consortium. See Alliance of Genome Resources and About The Alliance.