About   Help   FAQ
On Friday, September 29 at 7:30AM ET, access to MGI will be intermittent for a short time due to maintenance.
Transgene Detail
Symbol: Tg(VAV1-cre)1Graf
Name: transgene insertion 1, Thomas Graf
MGI ID: MGI:3765313
Synonyms: vav-Cre
Transgene: Tg(VAV1-cre)1Graf  Location: unknown  
Alliance: Tg(VAV1-cre)1Graf page
Strain of Origin:  Not Specified
Transgene Type:    Transgenic (Recombinase)
Mutation:    Insertion
Tg(VAV1-cre)1Graf expression driven by 1 gene
Mutation detailsA bicistronic sequence coding for Cre recombinase and YFP linked by an IRES domain was placed downstream of human VAV1 promoter sequence and upstream of VAV1 enhancer sequence. The entire construct was flanked by two 250 bp core elements from chicken beta globulin insulator. Transgenic mice failed to express YFP but crossing with a Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1(EYFP)Cos reporter strained revealed that 70% of mice had cre expression restricted to hematopoietic cells, including hematopoietic stem cells. The remaining 30% had cre expression in a wider range of cells, possibly due to transient expression of the transgene in early blastomeres. (J:127936)
 Tissue activity of this recombinase allele
Driver: Vav1 (species not specified)
Summary of all recombinase alleles driven by Vav1.

View phenotypes and curated references for all genotypes (concatenated display).
Disease models
Find Mice (IMSR)
Mouse strains and cell lines available from the International Mouse Strain Resource (IMSR)
Carrying this Mutation:  Mouse Strains: 1 strain available      Cell Lines: 0 lines available
Original:  J:127936 Stadtfeld M, et al., Assessing the role of hematopoietic plasticity for endothelial and hepatocyte development by non-invasive lineage tracing. Development. 2005 Jan;132(1):203-13
All:  107 reference(s)

Contributing Projects:
Mouse Genome Database (MGD), Gene Expression Database (GXD), Mouse Models of Human Cancer database (MMHCdb) (formerly Mouse Tumor Biology (MTB)), Gene Ontology (GO)
Citing These Resources
Funding Information
Warranty Disclaimer, Privacy Notice, Licensing, & Copyright
Send questions and comments to User Support.
last database update
MGI 6.22
The Jackson Laboratory