- • Batch Query
- Input a list of IDs or gene symbols and retrieve other database IDs and gene attributes (e.g. phenotypes, GO, expression data).
- • Gene Expression Batch Search
- Input a list of IDs or gene symbols and retrieve associated gene expression assay data. Search results include a tissue-by-gene matrix view to enable the comparison of expression patterns between genes.
- • MouseMine
- Powered by InterMine, MouseMine offers flexible querying, numerous predefined query templates, iterative refinement of results, and linking to other model organism Mines. MouseMine:
- offers many useful "canned" queries, plus point-and-click query editing
- supports uploading and manipulating lists of objects
- allows any query result to be downloaded (text, xml, json) or forwarded to Galaxy
Data Files for Download
Public Reports via FTP
Database Dumps via FTP
Tab Delimited Output from our Web Interface
- Database backups are available from our ftp site at: http://www.informatics.jax.org/downloads/database_backups/
- Backups are available for MySQL 5.0.67 and PostgreSQL 9.3.5.
- These backups assume you have a compatible version of MySQL or PostgreSQL installed, that you have created a database, and that you have adequate user permissions to load that database.
- Backups are updated on Mondays between 12:30 AM and 1:30 AM EST, so please avoid downloading the files during that time, or your file may not download successfully.
- To load the MySQL backup:
- First, uncompress it: gunzip mgd.mysql.dump.gz
- Then load it: mysql -e "mgd.mysql.dump" databaseName
- To load the PostgreSQL backup:
- Load it: pg_restore -c -d databaseName -j jobCount -O -h host -U user mgd.postgres.dump-Fc
- jobCount should be an integer, representing the number of subprocesses. If you have a multiprocessor machine, using a jobCount between 2 and 4 will likely speed your restore significantly.
FASTA Output from our Web Interface
- User-defined results for references, gene and SNP data are available in tab delimited format.
- You can modify the output format on the query form from Web to Tab-delimited.
- Query Forms with the tab-delimited option available are:
- MGI Batch Query
Download gene/marker data for a batch of IDs or symbols
- Genes and Markers Query Form
Search by symbol, location, gene ontology classification, or phenotype.
- Phenotypes, Alleles & Disease Models Query
Search for mutations or QTL based on phenotype, human disease, mutation type, gene, or genome location.
- Human—Mouse: Disease Connection
Search for phenotype and disease associations by human and mouse genes and genome regions.
- Gene Expression Data Query
Search for detailed gene expression assay results.
Search curated references by author, journal or text. The output to this form provides the text export option
- Mouse SNP Query Form
Search for SNPS by strain(s), SNP attributes, genomic position, or associated genes
- The FASTA format is available on reports where sequences are returned for a specific gene or when querying sequences.
- Click on the checkboxes next to each sequence to select it for FASTA download and click GO.
- From a gene detail page, FASTA is available for:
- Representative genomic, transcript, and polypeptide sequences
- All mouse sequences
- RefSeq transcript sequences for their human, rat, chimpanzee, rhesus macaque, dog, cattle, chicken, western clawed frog, and zebrafish homologs
- Protein sequences for human, rat, chimpanzee, rhesus macaque, dog, cattle, chicken, western clawed frog, and zebrafish homologs
- Mouse, human, and rat protein sequences for superfamily members.