About   Help   FAQ
Phenotypes Associated with This Genotype
Genotype
MGI:3707984
Allelic
Composition
Atoh7tm2Gan/Atoh7tm2Gan
Genetic
Background
involves: 129S/SvEv * C57BL/6J
Find Mice Using the International Mouse Strain Resource (IMSR)
Mouse lines carrying:
Atoh7tm2Gan mutation (0 available); any Atoh7 mutation (4 available)
phenotype observed in females
phenotype observed in males
N normal phenotype
reproductive system
N
• mice are fertile

vision/eye
• the overall structure of retina and number of photoreceptor cells is normal
• retinal ganglion cells fail to differentiate as shown by the loss of Pou4f1+ and reduction of Ngfr+ cells
• approximately 97% of Pou4f2+ cells are lost
• 80% reduction in the SMI-32 positive processes of axons from large ganglion cells and the remaining 20% of SMI-32 positive processes of axons have abnormally curved axon bundles
• greater than 80% reduction in the number of retinal ganglion cells
• absence of a defined nerve fiber layer
• retinas are approximately 15 to 20% thinner than control retinas

nervous system
• retinal ganglion cells fail to differentiate as shown by the loss of Pou4f1+ and reduction of Ngfr+ cells
• approximately 97% of Pou4f2+ cells are lost
• 80% reduction in the SMI-32 positive processes of axons from large ganglion cells and the remaining 20% of SMI-32 positive processes of axons have abnormally curved axon bundles
• greater than 80% reduction in the number of retinal ganglion cells


Contributing Projects:
Mouse Genome Database (MGD), Gene Expression Database (GXD), Mouse Models of Human Cancer database (MMHCdb) (formerly Mouse Tumor Biology (MTB), Gene Ontology (GO)
Citing These Resources
Funding Information
Warranty Disclaimer & Copyright Notice
Send questions and comments to User Support.
last database update
08/13/2019
MGI 6.14
The Jackson Laboratory