Example 1. Finding a transgene expressing recombinase under the control of Nes.
- Type Nes in the Recombinase driven by field. This field has an autocomplete function and you must select a driver if you use this field. Select Nes.
- Click Search.
- A summary table reporting all cre transgenes driven by the Nes
promoter will appear.
- Note: Transgenes may be experimentally characterized
to different degrees, and/or background effects and molecular details may
have an impact on recombinase activity within certain tissues.
Recombinase nomenclature takes one of two forms:
- For randomly inserted transgenes
Tg(Promoter-Expressed sequence)SerialNumberLabcode where
- Tg indicates "transgene" (insertion of foreign DNA)
- Promoter controls expression of the following sequence and takes the syntax
of the species of origin (ex. ACTA1 for human, Acta1 for mouse)
- the expressed protein follows the dash (cre or flp for
the most common recombinases in mouse)
- serial number indicates the line this allele
was derived from
- lab code indicates the research laboratory or
institutional project which generated this allele.
- For targeted transgenes
TargetedLocustmSerialNumber(expressed sequence)Labcode where
- targeted locus is an endogenous mouse gene (disrupted), typically
lending its promoter to the expressed sequence (cre or flp recombinase)
that's been introduced
- tm indicates "targeted mutation"
- and expressed protein, serial number and lab code are as above.
Recombinase Activity Detected and Recombinase Activity Not
Detected are indicated where reported. Sort results by clicking on
- References that have used a given transgene can be found in the References
column at the far right of the table, and links to purchasing information
can be found by clicking the hyperlinked numbers in the Find Mice (IMSR) column
for strains that have been deposited for commercial distribution in repositories
indexed by the
International Mouse Strain Repository.
- Click the Allele Symbol to go to the Transgene Detail Page
- The Transgene Detail page will describe the Mutation Details and
summarize the reported Recombinase Activity for the allele. Click the
triangles next to row or table features to expand (circles).
- Click an individual check mark within the table to open Recombinase Activity detailpages,
which display images (where available), patterns of expression, methodology and
references associated with each annotation.
- Below the Recombinase activity row is a summary table of observed
phenotypes for various floxed alleles which have been crossed to the Tg(Nes-cre)1Atp transgene (not shown). See Allelic
Composition in the Genotypes table for details.
- If you have used this recombinase and have evidence for activity (or no activity) which is not represented
in the Recombinase activity table, please submit it to MGI using the form located at the Your Observations Welcome button (arrow).
- The Recombinase Activity Detail page is specific
to the selected organ system. In it, you can find links to more detailed
data on recombinase gene expression and activity such as level of activity,
pattern of expression, assay type used to determine activity and
images (where available). The table can be sorted by clicking on column headers.
- To view images, click on a corner, hold the mouse down, and drag
to resize. The Reset Images button will return them