About   Help   FAQ
Phenotypes associated with this allele
Allele Symbol
Allele Name
Allele ID
Adcyap1tm1Nms
targeted mutation 1, Nancy M Sherwood
MGI:2386973
Summary 2 genotypes
Jump to Allelic Composition Genetic Background Genotype ID
hm1
Adcyap1tm1Nms/Adcyap1tm1Nms B6.129-Adcyap1tm1Nms MGI:3822735
hm2
Adcyap1tm1Nms/Adcyap1tm1Nms either: (involves: 129S1/Sv * 129X1/SvJ * C57BL/6) or (involves: C57BL/6) MGI:2447674


Genotype
MGI:3822735
hm1
Allelic
Composition
Adcyap1tm1Nms/Adcyap1tm1Nms
Genetic
Background
B6.129-Adcyap1tm1Nms
Find Mice Using the International Mouse Strain Resource (IMSR)
Mouse lines carrying:
Adcyap1tm1Nms mutation (0 available); any Adcyap1 mutation (4 available)
phenotype observed in females
phenotype observed in males
N normal phenotype
mortality/aging
• litters born to female homozygotes are of normal size on the day of birth but show higher mortality than litters born to wild-type dams up to 21 days after birth (J:131950)
• litters born to female homozygotes are of normal size on the day of birth but show higher mortality than litters born to wild-type dams up to 21 days after birth (J:131950)

behavior/neurological
• 33% of female homozygotes have seminal plugs on more than one day in a 7-day pairing period, indicating abnormal mating patterns (J:131950)
• however, female homozygotes display normal puberty onset, estrous cycles, and seminal plugs when paired with a male of proven fertility (J:131950)
• 33% of female homozygotes have seminal plugs on more than one day in a 7-day pairing period, indicating abnormal mating patterns (J:131950)
• however, female homozygotes display normal puberty onset, estrous cycles, and seminal plugs when paired with a male of proven fertility (J:131950)

reproductive system
• only 13% of female homozygotes have implanted embryos 6.5 days after mating vs 81% of wild-type females (J:131950)
• only 13% of female homozygotes have implanted embryos 6.5 days after mating vs 81% of wild-type females (J:131950)
• only 21% of female homozygotes give birth to litters vs 100% of wild-type females (J:131950)
• in a pseudopregnancy test, only 40% of female homozygotes become pregnant and display a continuous diestrous, as expected; the remaining 60% continue cycling and fail to enter pseudopregnancy (J:131950)
• however, ovulation, ovarian histology, fertilization and first cleavage of released eggs appear normal (J:131950)
• only 21% of female homozygotes give birth to litters vs 100% of wild-type females (J:131950)
• in a pseudopregnancy test, only 40% of female homozygotes become pregnant and display a continuous diestrous, as expected; the remaining 60% continue cycling and fail to enter pseudopregnancy (J:131950)
• however, ovulation, ovarian histology, fertilization and first cleavage of released eggs appear normal (J:131950)

growth/size/body
• heterozygous litters born to female homozygotes show lower growth curves than litters born to wild-type dams (J:131950)
• litters initially display identical birth weights but those nursed by mutant dams show a significantly lower body weight at day 3, and this difference persists to day 9 (J:131950)
• after day 9, litter weights stay equivalent between the two groups (J:131950)
• heterozygous litters born to female homozygotes show lower growth curves than litters born to wild-type dams (J:131950)
• litters initially display identical birth weights but those nursed by mutant dams show a significantly lower body weight at day 3, and this difference persists to day 9 (J:131950)
• after day 9, litter weights stay equivalent between the two groups (J:131950)

homeostasis/metabolism
• on day 6.5 after mating, average prolactin levels of female homozygotes are reduced to ~30% of wild-type levels (J:131950)
• on day 6.5 after mating, average prolactin levels of female homozygotes are reduced to ~30% of wild-type levels (J:131950)
• on day 6.5 after mating, average progesterone levels of female homozygotes are reduced to ~30% of wild-type levels (J:131950)
• on day 6.5 after mating, average progesterone levels of female homozygotes are reduced to ~30% of wild-type levels (J:131950)




Genotype
MGI:2447674
hm2
Allelic
Composition
Adcyap1tm1Nms/Adcyap1tm1Nms
Genetic
Background
either: (involves: 129S1/Sv * 129X1/SvJ * C57BL/6) or (involves: C57BL/6)
Find Mice Using the International Mouse Strain Resource (IMSR)
Mouse lines carrying:
Adcyap1tm1Nms mutation (0 available); any Adcyap1 mutation (4 available)
phenotype observed in females
phenotype observed in males
N normal phenotype
mortality/aging
• most dead by second week postnatal (J:71968)
• most dead by second week postnatal (J:71968)
• survival increased when housed at 24C (76% survived to day 14 postnatal vs. 11% at 21C) (J:79468)
• survival increased when housed at 24C (76% survived to day 14 postnatal vs. 11% at 21C) (J:79468)

adipose tissue
• subcutaneous white fat deposits totally depleted at death (J:71968)
• subcutaneous white fat deposits totally depleted at death (J:71968)

growth/size/body
• after day 4 postnatal, failed to gain weight, then lost weight (J:71968)
• after day 4 postnatal, failed to gain weight, then lost weight (J:71968)

homeostasis/metabolism
• in fasted state (J:71968)
• in fasted state (J:71968)
• in fasted state (J:71968)
• in fasted state (J:71968)
• when removed from mothers, pups lost temperature faster than wild-type littermates (J:79468)
• when removed from mothers, pups lost temperature faster than wild-type littermates (J:79468)
• in liver (J:71968)
• in liver (J:71968)

liver/biliary system
• micovesicular steatosis (J:71968)
• micovesicular steatosis (J:71968)

muscle
• intracellular fat accumulation (J:71968)
• intracellular fat accumulation (J:71968)





Contributing Projects:
Mouse Genome Database (MGD), Gene Expression Database (GXD), Mouse Tumor Biology (MTB), Gene Ontology (GO), MouseCyc
Citing These Resources
Funding Information
Warranty Disclaimer & Copyright Notice
Send questions and comments to User Support.
last database update
01/26/2016
MGI 6.02
The Jackson Laboratory